ICT60220 – Advanced Diploma of Information Technology reflects the role of individuals in a variety of information and communications technology (ICT) roles who have significant experience in specialist technical skills, or managerial business and people management skills.
Individuals in these roles carry out complex tasks in a specialist field, working independently, leading a team or a strategic direction of a business. They apply their skills across a wide range of industries and business functions, or as a business owner (sole trader/contractor).
The skills required for these roles may include, but are not restricted to:
• Advanced data management information: creating, designing and monitoring complex systems that store data, and optimising organisational knowledge management
• Cyber security: protecting sensitive data and information through security architecture, and developing
disaster recovery and contingency plans
• Full stack web development: building advanced user interfaces, developing representational state
transfer application program interfaces (REST APIs) and designing user experience solutions
• Further programming: applying advanced ICT languages to maintain security and manage data
• IT strategy and organisational development: managing and communicating strategic ICT business solutions
• Systems development and analysis: modelling and testing data objects, data processes and preferred ICT system solutions.
• Telecommunications network engineering: managing logistics, organisational specifications, regulations and legislative requirements across network projects.
Successfully completion of Australian Year 12 or Australian equivalent is mandatory.
It is recommended that international students with the highest level of formal qualification such as High School Year 12 (or equivalent) undertake ITC50220 – Diploma of Information Technology prior to enrolment into Advanced Diploma of Information Technology due to the complexity of the content delivered.
Students must be 18 years old and above.
English requirement: Minimum of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent.
|Core Unit Code||Core Unit Title|
|BSBCRT611||Apply critical thinking for complex problem solving|
|BSBTWK502||Manage team effectiveness|
|BSBXCS402||Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices|
|ICTICT608||Interact with clients on a business level|
|ICTICT618||Manage IP, ethics and privacy in ICT environments|
|ICTSAD609||Plan and monitor business analysis activities in an ICT environment|
|Elective Unit Code||Elective Unit Title|
|BSBPMG532||Manage project quality|
|BSBPMG536||Manage project risk|
|ICTSAD508||Develop technical requirements for business solutions|
|BSBLDR601||Lead and manage organisational change|
|ICTPMG617||Plan and direct complex ICT projects|
|ICTICT522||Evaluate vendor products and equipment|
|ICTICT612||Develop contracts and manage contract performance|
|ICTCLD602||Manage information security compliance of cloud service deployment|
|ICTNWK618||Design and implement a security system|
|ICTSAD507||Design and implement quality assurance processes for business solutions|
|Note: The above selected elective units are subject to change and may be substituted for any of the approved elective units from the training package, that meet with the packaging rules for this qualification as mentioned above.|
|Description of licensing requirements||Work functions in the occupational areas where this qualification may be used are subject to regulatory requirements. Refer to the ICT Information Communication Services Training Package Companion Volume Implementation Guide or the relevant regulator for specific guidance on requirements. No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.|
Students MUST have the following IT equipment prior to enrolling with Reach and will require a suitable study space for self-study, assessment activities or to participate in online classes.
1. Hardware requirements:
2. Software Requirements:
3. Internet Requirements:
4. Other Information:
Reach encourages students to acquire the following skills and knowledge related to operating and maintaining an efficient online study environment:
Students studying IT courses will have access to the Computer Lab during campus operating hours of 6:00am to 9:00pm Mon – Sat to complete assessments.
The following learning resources will be available to ensure learners are able to obtain and absorb the required skills and knowledge required prior to assessment:
Students are provided access to face to face training sessions including software programs and all other
resources required to complete the qualification in class.
Reach Community College also uses a range of training and assessment materials developed in-house with academic writers which includes a suite of Trainer & Assessor Guides as well as Student Guides, and case studies. Students are guided to where they can download relevant policies, procedures and documents relevant to the unit.
Staff and students will have access to:
• Learning and Assessment resources (e.g., learner’s workbook, learning material, additional reading, etc)
• Sufficient tables and chairs for all students
• Current version of the ICT Training Package
• Printer and scanner.
• Microsoft Office 365 software – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneDrive
• Computer (Ram 16 gb recommended 8gb minimum/ 256 gb hard drive min, Processor i3 or higher)
• Oracle vitrual box
• MS server 2016
• Eclipse latest
• Cisco Packet tracer 7.1 or higher
• sublime text or notepad ++
• Library resources (https://www.libraries.tas.gov.au/Pages/Home.aspx)
$200 (Handling Fee)
(No other charges or changes to Tuition Fees once paid)
VOCATIONAL PLACEMENT FEES
$500 – for each qualification in Community Services. Before commencing placement, students will be required to obtain mandatory documents at their own expense. Students will be notified of their placement via email, including when to obtain these documents, prior to commencing vocational placement.
Refund policy rules apply to Placement Fees. Please check our Refund Policy for more detailed information: https://reachcollege.edu.au/student-support/forms/
International students must have adequate health insurance while in Australia. It is a condition of your visa that you have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the full duration of your student visa. Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is insurance to assist international students meet the costs of medical and hospital care while in Australia.