Win a study tour to
Students who win an award will attend both the study tour and the Australian Vocational Education Conference (AVEC) 2023 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, where they will be presented with their award and become part of the Student Awards Alumni!
There are two categories for the awards:
A Creative Depiction Of Life In Australia
This is your chance to win! Be creative, be captivating and share a story about your lifestyle and study experiences in Australia and win a free study tour trip to Malaysia.
The Creativity Award recognises your ability to create engaging content that displays creativity. What wonders are locked within you? We believe every student has creative potential. Don’t miss out, all students are encouraged to enter! Read through the rules below.
How to enter
1. Create either a video OR written blog post that details your experience and studies with the College and in Australia. We encourage you to be creative in your response and make something that will entertain or inspire other students, e.g., day-in-the-life video, written reflection on your study experience. Your submission must be presented as either a:
Video submission – 2-5 minutes’ long
If you choose to include any background music in your video, you must use copyright/royalty-free music
Blog post submission – 800-1,000 words
This can also include any images relevant to your blog post (maximum of 5 images)
2. Email your submission to email@example.com. Include “Study Tour”, your full name, and your Student ID number in the subject line of the email.
Video submission: Upload your video unlisted to YouTube and share the link to the video in your email OR upload your video to Google Drive/OneDrive and share the link to the folder in your email.
Blog post submission: Attach your submission in your email as a PDF or Word Document. If you use any images in your submission, include them in your PDF/Word Document AND attach them directly into the email.
Your Positive Impact In The Community
Don’t miss out on winning a free study tour trip to Malaysia. Are you someone who has made a positive difference in your community? Whether it’s a positive impact on your this is your opportunity to be recognised for your commitment.
The Community Award acknowledges students who have created a positive impact within the community in Australia. Students can enter by writing a submission that summarises how they have made a real difference in the community through their actions, such as in their vocational placement, job, or volunteering. Read through the rules below.
How to enter
1. Write a summary in 600 words or less about how you have made a positive impact in your community and/or made a difference in someone’s life. This could be in your vocational placement, your job, or volunteering, in instances where you supported someone in need, or assisted someone to make a positive impact or difference in their life.
2. Include any supporting documentation (if applicable) such as a certificate of participation, a reference letter from an employer, or anything else relevant to your job/placement/volunteering experience.
3. Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org by attaching it as a PDF or Word Document. Also attach any supporting documentation (if applicable) in the email. Include “Study Tour”, your full name, and your Student ID number in the subject line of the email.
1. Must be a current student who is enrolled and studying at:
Reach Community College Pty Ltd, CRICOS: 03904B RTO: 40747
2. Submissions will be accepted until 23/01/2023. 3. All submissions must be sent via email to email@example.com.
4. For Creativity Award submissions: Video entries can be between 2-5 minutes in length. Blog post entries can be 800-1,000 words in length and may include up to 5 relevant images.
5. For Community submissions: Written entries cannot exceed 600 words.
6. Must be submitted by 11.59pm AEST on Monday 23 January 2023.
7. Consent will be obtained for submitted entries from all relevant parties, if applicable.
8. By submitting an entry, the student authorises and grants VConsultancy the right to use their name, picture/video, writing, voice, message, or other information on platforms including but not limited to social media and website/s.
9. By submitting an entry, the student acknowledges that their submission may be presented at the Australian Vocational Education Conference (AVEC) 2023 in Malaysia.
10. A selection panel comprising of representatives of each College will assess all entries to determine winner/s for each award category.
11. The selection panel representatives will remain anonymous even after the winners are announced.
12. Students may be subject to reference checking.
13. All supporting documentation is kept in the strictest confidence.
14. Winners will be individually notified and will be publicly announced prior to the awards ceremony online and/or via social media on or before 01/03/2023.
15. Winners will be required to participate in promotional and media opportunities (e.g., study tour highlights video or interview) that will be screened at the awards ceremony and used for promotional purposes.
16. The AVEC Student Awards are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram/Facebook.